Friday, June 1, 2012

Now On Tour Rupture by Curtis Hox




June 1 RDB

Books, Books, and More Books 

The Guardian of the Crossroads 

 June 1 Promo

June 1 Promo
Butterfly-o-Meter Books

June 1 Interview
The Bunny's Review – 

June 1 Promo
Paranormal Romantic Suspense

June 1 Promo
The Pretty Good Gatsby 

June 1 Promo
A Daydreamer's Thoughts

June 2 Promo
Vikki @V's Book Life

June 4 Promo
A Bibliophile's Thoughts on Books

June 4 Promo

June 4 Promo and review
A Dream Within A Dream

June 6 Review and Promo
Arianne Cruz 

June 6 Promo
The Speculative Salon: 


June 6 Review
 A Case of Reading Insomnia at 

June 7 review
Books, Books, and More Books 

June 7 Promo

June 8 review and promo
Always a Booklover – 






Rupture 
Book One Transhuman Warrior Series 
By Curtis Hox 
Genre: YA Dystopian Fantasy 

Simone Wellborn is a Transhuman with an attitude. She’s been genetically engineered from birth to be super smart. The problem? All that tinkering her parents paid top dollar for provided a few unexpected results, like an annoying ability to blast telekinetic energy at the worst possible times. 

She also has another tricky issue: strange entities possess her and, worse, transform her into something dangerous. 

Simone's mother sends her to the Sterling School for reject Transhumans. While there, she meets a few other students with similar problems. They’re all Transhumans with dirty secrets. Heartthrob Hutto Toth is a charming gladiator. He annoys Simone from day one, but he’s also a Werebear who accidentally killed a boy in a glad match, and Simone can’t stand how much she likes him. There’s two-foot tall Wally Dorsey, who’s determined to pilot a personalized mech. His best friend, Beasley Gardner, is a mountain of a young girl with enough muscle to beat up any boy at school, but she’s suffers from a rage disorder. Finally, Simone meets Kimberlee Newkirk, an unassuming Succubus who fears she’ll kill the next boy she kisses.

These defective students find themselves at the center of a deadly conflict when another student, Joss Beckwith, attracts a Rogue Artificial Intelligence, the new power brokers in a society radically changed by science and technology. The Transhuman Warrior Series tells the story of Simone and her friends as they’re transformed into highly specialized human weapons. They must challenge the increasing power of the Rogues as these enemies push into Realspace with one goal in mind: total domination. 

 For more information, check out our website or visit the Transhuman Warrior Series page

About Curtis Hox 

A little about me: I’ve written six unpublished contemporary, literary science fantasy novels in the last decade, all of which I finished and promptly put away. 

I didn’t even let my wife read one until this year. (I know, ultra critical and self defeating as hell, but that’s me.) I did rounds of agent hunting with little luck, and since everyone is talking about epublishing, I thought I’d give it a try by writing a series of three YA novels with all the juicy stuff I love from Sci Fi and Fantasy and just have fun with it. 

I’m also forcing myself to be open to everything that goes along with the business side of marketing without griping, “Frack it! I just want to write.” So this site will, at first, probably be a bit about process, plus be a place for me to explore ideas related to my projects. Then, if all goes well, a way to market my novels. 

As of now, we’ve soft launched Bleedover, a contemporary science fantasy novel I wrote a few years ago. We’re using it to learn the marketing side, while I finish working with an editor on the first three books in my Transhuman Warrior Series, the fun YA novels I wrote last summer. These have all been drafted, with covers. 



1 comment:

Arianne said...

so excited to see my post on June 6 :D